Last Updated: February 4, 2023.
Collection of Information
We collect information that you give to us, such when you contact us, sign up for information, make a donation, make a purchase, and volunteer. The information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information, and any other information you might provide.
Also, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) might require us to collect information from donors who send us more than $200 per election cycle, such as name, address, occupation, and employer.
Information We Collect Automatically
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our website.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, such as:
- Maintain and improve our website and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Send you information you request, process donations and transactions, and send you confirmations, receipts, and related information;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions, and needs, request feedback, and contact you about your use of our website;
- Send you emails or newsletters and provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about our campaign.
- Help you establish contact with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers and donors for our campaign and the Libertarian Party.
- Comply with applicable Federal elections laws and contact you if other information is needed pursuant to such laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activity on our website.
- Improve our website in accordance with your interests.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Jacob Hornberger for President is based in the United States. The information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing our website or by providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With sellers, consultants, and others, and volunteers, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other libertarian candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups, or causes.
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a election cycle.
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- We may also share general information that does not directly identify you.
- Text messaging will not be shared with others except consultants and service provides who need the information to help us with our work, where required by law, and in cases where the user consents to the sharing of such information.
- The website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our website with other media. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
The Jacob Hornberger for President Campaign takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may opt out of receiving text messages, updates, and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails or text messages.